Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Meet Taxus



This is the first blog entry of what I hope to be many. This blog will be set up to discuss a very sexy and enticing topic: TAXES. Yes I know this is not the most interesting stuff but I do know that it's a subject that should be discussed more than it is. The word "tax" has a negative connotation, and most of us would love for it to disappear altogether. But it will not. There is truth in the old saying that there are 2 certainties in life: death and taxes. The average taxpayer knows very little of our tax system and most simply know that you must file taxes during the year and if you choose not to do so, something bad happens. And that's it....That's as far as most of us consider the subject. I am afraid to say that the nation's "Tax IQ" is very poor.
So this blog, and site in general, will aim to increase one's Tax IQ and assist those taxpayers who might have questions concerning the nation's tax system. Because this is simply an introductory blog entry, I would like to introduce myself and share a little background information with all of you in cyberspace.
You may refer to me as Taxus, and I work for Effectur, Inc. Effectur is a tax resolution firm that operates out of Greensboro, North Carolina. I will not use this time to plug the company I work for but I will say that we are the best in the business at what we do. You may find out more about Effectur by clicking here: http://www.effectur.com/ There, that being said...I work as a tax consultant and deal one-on-one with taxpayers and their questions/concerns everyday. Over the span of a week, I probably take and make one hundred call concerning tax amnesty, tax negotiation, tax settlement, installment agreements, tax returns, etc.., . Through this position, I have come to understand just how "in the dark" taxpayers are when it comes to filing, owing back taxes, and the IRS. That is why I feel that this site might just be of some use to those who would like some light shined on the matter. Again, this site will be for assistance and not persuasive arguments. I in no way claim to be an expert on the subject and will probably never be one. But I have learned a great deal and have access to an excellent company as a resource when I do have questions. So, I hope those of you who stumble upon this site find it both informative and helpful. Cheers!
--TAXUS

No comments: